Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas Gifts, Lettering and Two Paper Divas Stamps

It's Christmas card making season!  I'm sure some of you are probably way ahead of the game.  Me?  I'm not an early bird, so this is just about the time that I get cranked up.   I had a lot of fun making this Christmas card for Two Paper Divas, using their "Holiday Greetings" stamps.  TPD is having a 40% off storewide sale so don't dilly dally......get to the end of this post and go shop!




But first, the details..... my papers are from the Echo Park Papers collection, The Story of Christmas and I'm using them to also paper piece my gifts.  However, for the bows, I've colored them using various coloring instruments: Tombow Dual brush and Zig Clean Color brushes.  I've even added a little sparkle to my bows with Stickles glitter glue, although this photo doesn't truly capture the sparkle.


For the sentiment, I did a little lettering by my own hand, using the calligraphy pen from my Tombow Lettering set.  I've spent the last 3 months or longer, working on lettering and it requires lots and lots of practice.  I think it's finally starting to pay off.




One of the things I love about this set is the clean and simple lines.  You can do soooo much!  There's a lot of wiggle room so you can get super creative, whether it be adding some of your own little doodles to the images, paper piecing, coloring or even layer with other stamps, such as the TPD Background stamps.  If you don't have this set in your collection, get it before it's gone.  I've used it for so many things and I love it.  Particularly when you need to add a little interest to a card's background, or to give a little character to your tags.



Purchase Holiday Greetings, here.


Visit the Two Paper Divas Blog for daily project inspiration and on Wednesdays for the Design Team Roundup.  Check out the newest release right here:



Shop Two Paper Divas for a wide selection of clear stamps, digital stamps and accessories.





#twopaperdivas #tpdstamps #card #wavingmywand #handmade #stamps #cardmaking #DIY #cre8time #terriburson #holiday #greetings  #seasonal #christmascard #christmas #merrychristmas #kuretakezig  #tombow #tombowusa #letteringset #echoparkpaper #thestoryofchristmas #spellbinders #dies #neenah #jesusisthereason


4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Your hand writing is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic and festive card, Terri! Love your handwritten sentiment a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the paper piecing and I'm so envious at how beautiful you are doing at hand writting!!!! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!