Monday, January 16, 2017

Glittery Snowflakes for So Suzy Stamps

I've got another project for you that features So Suzy Stamps.  Today, it's all about the snowflakes.  I'm working with two of Suzy's stamps, "Snowflake Trio" and "No Midnight".  




If you're needing to spice up your crafty mojo, follow along with our theme/technique inspiration for January.  Then, share your creation with us on the So Suzy Stamps Flaunt it Facebook Group.  It's where the cool kids hang out!





First, trim a piece of 4" x 6" watercolor paper.  I use Bristol Strathmore 300 series.  Grab your Snowflake trio and stamp in Versamark clear ink in the pattern that I used above, or one of your own.  I stamped a couple clusters, then masked and stamped individual snowflakes in a cascading pattern.  Sprinkle with Nuvo Shimmering Pearl Embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat with an embossing heat tool.

Now, for the fun part.  Coloring and blending.  Grab your watercolor pencils and a water brush.  If you don't have any, it's time to go shopping!  I used just a couple blues and purples, coloring randomly then blending the colors with my water brush.  



You can see below, how the waterbrush blends and moves the color around.  I love this technique.  It's so easy, yet yields fantastic results almost every time.  Ignore the embossed sentiment.  Originally I was going to use white but it disappeared into the background, so I opted to instead emboss on vellum.  Allow to dry, then use a baby wipe or wet paper towel to wipe across your embossed snowflakes to remove the watercolors.  If you're too impatient, to let it dry, (yes, sometimes that's me....) you can use a heat embossing tool to quickly dry.  If it buckles or warps your paper, grab your iron and some parchment paper.  Place your painted image facedown, between the parchment paper, and iron your image.  This will straighten out any warping.  Take care not to iron too long, so you don't damage or burn your watercolor paper.




I used my Nuvo Silver glitter Moondust crystal drops and just added tiny drops on the center of some of the snowflakes.  I heat embossed my sentiment on a torn strip of vellum, adding  more individual embossed snowflakes, then popping everything up on foam squares, placed under the snowflakes, so as not to show through the vellum.  If you zoom in, you'll see some fringed silver ribbon peeking out from under the vellum as well.



Measure layered purple cardstock and trim your watercolored paper so that they line up appropriately on an A2 sized white card.  


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Remember, there will be shipping delays due to staff heading to the Creativation Conference.  Thank you for your patience!




Supplies include:


No Midnight
Snowflake Trio



Glitter Silver Moondust




Shimmering Pearl





#sosuzystamps #wavingmywand #nomidnight #snowflaketrio #snowflakes #embossing #watercolor #bristolstrathmore #nuvo #glitter #crystaldrops #vellum #terriburson #card #cardmaking #diy #craft

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!