Sunday, March 26, 2017

Encouraging Mini Cards for My Creative Scrapbook

This is my last guest designer project this month, for My Creative Scrapbook.   I have thoroughly enjoyed creating cards with the March Main Kit and am featuring a set of mini cards today, using the gold ribbon included in the kit, those amazing Pebbles Simple Life designer papers, and the Pink Paislee Gold Foil Memorandum stickers.





That little gold mini-wreath?  Just trim one side of the gold ribbon included in the main kit and pull some long threads, preferably, the entire length of the ribbon,  Hold out 2 or 3 of your fingers, depending on how large a wreath you'd like, and begin loosely wrapping a good 5 or 6 times or more around the width of your fingers.  Carefully, remove your wrapped thread and find both ends.  Tuck each end around the top of your wreath and tie a knot.  Trim the ends.  You can pull a few loops to make some larger, if you wish.  Adhere to your card as desired.  



Look at all the amazing products that come in the March Main Kit.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - It's like Christmas in a box.  Sign up as a new member, and it will be like Christmas in a box every month!




Let me share a few quick tips on creating this mini card set, which by the way, I tried to keep somewhat neutral, to appeal as a masculine card set as well.

I wanted to add some words to the inside of my card, so I grabbed the gold foil Pink Paislee stickers.  Do you ever have trouble lining up your stickers properly?  Use a strip of washi tape, to line everything evenly, starting with both ends, then the middle, and working your way evenly left and right from the middle.  I placed the E and Y first, then the J in the middle.  After that, it's a no brainer to add the N and O, to spell ENJOY and look how nice and straight it is!



  

For the outside of my card, I split two different 4"x 4" cardstock designs on the diagonal with my trimmer.  I tore pieces of the woodgrain cardstock and sponged on some distress ink, then added my sentiment focal card.





Visit the MCS blog for your daily dose of layout inspiration and be sure and join the newest sketch challenge to be entered for the monthly challenge prize.




Thanks Pam and the gang for allowing me to hang out and have fun with you this month.  I can't wait to see what the members are creating with this awesome kit!

Terri









#mycreativescrapbook #kitclub #mycreativesketches #guestdesigner #cards #scrapbook #pebbles #jenhadfield  #simplelife #craft #DIY #cre8time #floral #wavingmywand #terriburson #thanks #thankyou #gratitude #grateful #scrapbookadhesivesby3l #stickers #pinkpaislee #stamp #ribbon #hello #masculine #giftset

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!